Learn on campus with us!
Upward Bound is here to help you through high school, especially during these crazy times. With Springfield Public Schools (SPS) unable to provide full, in-person instruction all week, we are offering an additional day for students to not be stuck at home while working on their studies. (this will be offered for as long as SPS maintains the current model of instruction of 2 days in person and 3 days at home, starting September 14th)
By joining Upward Bound, you may participate in Upward Bound Classroom (UBC)! During one of the days where you would be stuck at home to complete your school work, you may come to Missouri State campus from 7:30am to 5:00pm and receive:
- Safe spaces to complete your high-school curriculum
- Free Breakfast and Lunch
- Access to MSU's exceptional wi-fi
- Fun and educational activities when the school day is over (3pm-5pm)
- Free 1 on 1 tutoring
- Standard Upward Bound services
To keep students safe and to follow Missouri State's COVID-19 policies, we will have at most 10 students per day, per week. If your student is attending school in person Mondays and Tuesdays, they would come to campus on only one of the other days; Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
- Be eligible: students must be from a limited income household and/or be of first generation status, meaning no caregiver in the home has completed a 4-year degree
- Join the Upward Bound program by completing the application process
- Complete the UB Classroom application
If you have any questions about how to apply, please click the 'Contact us' box below.