Dr. Rabekah D. Stewart
- PhD, Higher Education, Walden University
- MA, Higher Education Administration and Urban Leadership, University of Missouri - Kansas City
- BSEd, English and Secondary Education, 2001, Lincoln University
- Member of The Potter's House Church of God (Columbus, OH)
- Education Opportunity Association (EOA) Emerging Leaders Institute, 2010
- Ohio HBCU Foundation
- Lincoln University Alumni Assocation - Cincinnati-Dayton-Columbus Chapter
- Ohio Department of Education AP Advisory Council
- Past President of Ohio TRIO Association
- Ohio Reach associate member
- Diamond Life Member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.; Columbus Alumnae Chapter
Research and professional interests
Dr. Stewart's research is in the intercultural and career experiences of African-American women in leadership at predominantly white institutions. Throughout Dr. Stewart’s career as a high school and college English instructor and current TRIO professional; her focus has been on helping the underserved student populations. As a leader in education access and attainment, she strives to create opportunities and support change initiatives for the betterment of all students.
In her spare time, Dr. Stewart loves to travel, attend cultural activities and events, listen to live jazz and R&B music, cook and bake new healthy recipes, and spend time with family and friends. Her quote to live by is, “If you always do what you’ve always done, then you’ll always get what you’ve always gotten.” Keep moving forward!